Three leading U.S. health officials have been cleared to rejoin White House meetings following a period of self-isolation after exposure to the CCP virus, while Vice President Mike Pence said he will keep his distance from President Donald Trump after his adviser tested positive for the virus last week.
In a joint statement Tuesday, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Robert Redfield, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Commissioner Stephen Hahn, and Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), said that as they are considered essential workers, they will rejoin White House meetings when necessary provided they remain asymptomatic, wear masks, and practice social distancing.
The CDC and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) have determined that the guidelines for critical infrastructure workers apply to them as they are contributing to the federal response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Redfield, Hahn, and Fauci said in the statement.
“Providing that they are asymptomatic, screened, and monitored for fever and other symptoms, wear a face covering, and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others, Drs. Redfield, Hahn, and Fauci can and will participate in meetings on the White House complex when their attendance is needed,” the statement from the CDC, FDA, and NIAID said.
The three officials, who are guiding the U.S. response to the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus pandemic—commonly known as the novel coronavirus pandemic—had been in self-quarantine since Saturday after they came into contact with someone who had tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the CCP virus.
The news came as White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany announced that Mike Pence has decided to “keep his distance” from the president as a precautionaryRead More From Source