The former staffer who accused presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden of sexual assault called on Thursday for him to drop out.
“I want to say: you and I were there, Joe Biden. Please step forward and be held accountable. You should not be running on character for the president of the United States,” she said when asked if she had a message to send to Biden.
Asked if he should withdraw, Reade, said she wished he would.
“He wont, but I wish he would. Thats how I feel emotionally,” Reade said in an interview with former Fox News and NBC anchor Megyn Kelly.
Reade last month filed a police report against Biden accusing him of sexually assaulting her at the U.S. Capitol in Washington in 1993.
At the time, Reade was a young woman working for Bidens Senate office.
Bidens campaign didnt immediately respond to a request for comment.
Reade, in her first video interview since Biden denied the accusation, said that some of Bidens surrogates are harassing her and spreading “really horrible things” about her on social media.
“He hasnt himself, but theres a measure of hypocrisy with the campaign saying its safe. Its not been safe. All my social media has been hacked. All my personal information has been dragged through,” she said.
“Every person who has a gripe against me … has been able to have a platform, rather than me, talking about things that have nothing to do with 1993.”
Some of the things said about her are inciting people, Reade charged, leading to threats, including a death threat.
“His campaign is taking this position that they want all women to be able to speak safely. I have not experienced that,” she added.Read More From Source