US Politics

US to Place Hold on Funding to World Health Organization

The United States plans to place a hold on funding for the World Health Organization (WHO), President Donald Trump announced on Tuesday.

The president said the WHO is “too China-centric” and criticized the organization for opposing his early decision to place a ban on travel from China aimed at preventing the spread of the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus, to the United States.

“Were going to put a hold on money spent to the WHO. Were going to put a very powerful hold on it. And were going to see,” Trump said.

The president also claimed that the WHO may have known about the threat from the CCP virus but did not inform the world on time.

“They called it wrong. They missed the call. They could have called it months earlier. They would have known. They should have known. And they probably did know. So well be looking into that very carefully,” the president said.

Trump later added that the WHO “called every aspect” of the CCP virus pandemic wrong.

“They said theres no big deal, theres no problem, theres nothing,” the president said.

Trump hinted at cutting funding to the WHO in a Twitter post earlier in the day, pointing out that the organization is closely aligned with China despite the United States contributing the largest portion of WHOs funding. U.S. contributions to the United Nations organization last year exceeded $400 million, according to the State Department.

“They seem to err always on the side of China. And we fund it,” Trump said.

WHO is closely aligned with the Chinese communist regime and has repeatedly praised Chinas leaders despite experts and unearthed evidence showing how officials manipulated the true situation in the country where the CCP virus emerged last year.

Epoch Times Photo
Epoch Times Photo
World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (R) and WHO Health Emergencies Programme Director Michael Ryan attend a press briefing on COVID-19 in Geneva, Switzerland, on March 6, 2020. (FABRICE COFFRINI/AFP via Getty Images)

American lawmakers have called on Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director-general of the WHO, to resign amid accusations of helping the Chinese Communist Party cover up the outbreak and probing whether WHO is complicit in the manipulation.

“We knRead More – Source

[contf] [contfnew]

The Epoch Times

[contfnewc] [contfnewc]

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close