A Texas high school student collapsed and would “not wake up” after smoking pot from a vape pen at a choir meeting, reports said.
The teen boy fell ill at the after-school activity Monday evening at Tomball High School and was rushed to the hospital, news station KTRK reported.
Another student, Ariel Scott, said that a female classmate at choir orientation gave the teen the vape pen, which contained THC, a psychoactive compound in cannabis, news station KPRC reported.
“The girl handed it to him. He hit it and passed out. He would not wake up,” Scott told KTRK.
School faculty called 911 and an ambulance arrived to bring the teen to Texas Childrens Hospital.
“He was not getting up so the ambulance had to come and get him on a stretcher,” Scott said.
Tomball Independent School District confirmed Monday that a student experienced a medical emergency involving a vape pen, according to KTRK.
“A staff member immediately recognized the emergency, assisted with the incident as the student became ill and called 911 immediately,” school officials said. “An ambulance arrived and the student was transported to a local hRead More – Source