The United States Department of State released a press statement on Tuesday condemning the Houthi attack on Saudi Arabias Abha airport.
“The United States strongly condemns todays attack by the Iranian-backed Houthis on Abha Airport in Saudi Arabia, the third such attack in less than three weeks,” the statement said.
Nine people were injured following the attack, the Arab Coalition said earlier on Tuesday.
“These attacks are risking the lives of many and injuring innocent civilians. We call for an immediate end to these violent actions, which only exacerbate the conflict in Yemen and deepen mistrust,” the US statement added.
The Department of State also stated that Washington “stands firmly” with its “Saudi partners” in defending their borders against these continued threats by the Houthis.
The statement also reiterated that Houthis rely on Iranian-made weapons and technology to carry out such atRead More – Source