Selections based on a good track.
Race 1 – 12:50PM TAB.COM.AU PLATE (1350 METRES)
8. Pinup Miss picks herself and will start a very short priced favourite. Eye-catcher on debut behind Fasika then tried hard behind another promising one at Randwick two weeks ago. Should be too good for them.
Dangers: 7. Lady Lucienne should be a big improver on a shock failure at Wyong last start. Previous efforts were sound on good and wet tracks and she can take up a forward position. No surprise to see her in the placings. 2. Brilliance Squared hit the line strongly late in the same race as Pinup Miss and has some upside. Whether she can make up some four lengths on her here is questionable but the mile will suit. 6. Charged Flame seemed to have her chance at Wyong on a heavy track second- up and is probably a place hope though a firmer track will be in her favour.
How to play it: Trifecta 8/2,6,7/2,6,7.
Race 2 – 1:25PM SKY RACING HANDICAP (1100 METRES)
6. Madam Oaks has a run under her belt and that might come in handy. Chased strongly when runner-up at Gosford first-up and the barrier isnt such a concern for her. If shes improved a length or so on that fresh run she can go close.
Dangers: 5. Gorgons is very short for a horse not seen since October 2017 and one that has had a number of trials but no races in that time. Two recent trials have been good and she could win without surprising but cant take odds-on to find out. 1. Go Fish Go showed speed and was run down late in his second trial at Warwick Farm a few weeks back. Drawn well and could give a sight. 7. Invinciano is a big watch first-up, was in the market at her only start and didnt get into it at all. Fitter for two trials, drawn better and could surprise. If theres a roughie worth thought its 9. Light Charge who won the trial over Gorgons and wasnt too far away at her last two starts before a break.
How to play it: Madam Oaks WIN; Quinella 5 & 6.
Race 3 – 2.05PM LANDER TOYOTA HANDICAP (1100 METRES)
1. Single Blonde is hard to tip against on form. Close third to Tenley on debut then Listed placed in Brisbane in the summer. Trialling well, shell go forward and unless theres a very smart one in the first starters she can break through.
Dangers: 3. Daredevil showed improvement into his second trial at Randwick closing off well and is worth keeping safe. A $290,000 purchase and any support should be respected. 9. Sallys Day started favourite at Rosehill first-up at the end of February and disappointed after sitting outside the leader. She knows how to win trials, with another under her belt since and she could produce this time. 4. Saint Ambrose had a nice quiet trial at Rosehill last week, just striding along in behind them. Hes taken a bit of time to make it to the races but a good track suits and he might be one at odds to consider.
How to play it: Single Blonde WIN.
Race 4 – 2.40PM HAWKESBURY GAZETTE HANDICAP (1100 METRES)
1. Diamond Thunder gave a decent sight at his only start on Boxing Day behind Pin Sec and returns as a gelding. Hes won two trials in very nice fashion, drawn well and he should take some beating first-up and back in class.
Dangers: 8. Brazenpine didnt appear to relish the wet track when the pressure went on at her only start back in November. Plenty to like about his trials since then and while drawn out hell likely go forward. Definite chance. 2. OMudgee had to work for his trial win at Rosehill last week but has been scratched from other races over the weekend to run here. Market a pointer but sure to run well. 4. Shielded is a Godolphin two-year-old so deserves respect on that score alone. Trialling OK without being sensational and is one of the chances. A watch on 6. Denman Unlimited who won a trial by a big space at Newcastle but isnt fancied in the early markets.
How to play it: Diamond Thunder WIN.
Race 5 – 3.15PM POLYTRACK HANDICAP (1100 METRES)
1. Valeria is a good each-way chance fresh since running fourth at Randwick in February. Given a decent hit-out to win a Wyong trial by a big space and with some speed on she might get the last crack at them down the outside.
Dangers: 5. Chilled Rose missed a place in a strong form race then cruised home at this track on March 28, sitting on speed all the way. Shell again be handy and should be in the finish somewhere. 2. Great Affair shows promise and rode the pace before holding off Madam Oaks (who runs earlier) at Gosford at his second start. Drawn to be right there again and has upside. 8. Polhampton might be over the odds here first-up on her home track where shes yet to miss a placing in four starts. Narrowly beaten first-up last time in and shes not the worst here.
How to play it: Valeria E/W; Quinella 1 & 5.
Race 6 – 3:50PM ROBERT OATLEY WINES HANDICAP (1300 METRES)
9. Musume looks a nice filly going forward and while shes first-up with no trial since her maiden win she has more upside than most. Form through her last run here is strong, she will likely lead from the wide gate and if she gets control can take running down.
Dangers: 6. Kosciusko beat Chilled Rose on debut then led on a heavy track and knocked up late when placed at Gosford back in February. Kept fresh and trialled in a strong heat recently. Definite chance. 7. Sacred Edge is probably not a winning chance first-up but he does usually run well fresh and a placing is within his reach. Fitter for two trials including an easy win in the latest and the trip fresh suits. Each-way. 8. Leardo won at his second start on a heavy track then took on a couple of more progressive types before a spell. Latest trial he held his ground behind Plague Stone and he could easily be in the finish fresh. Keep an eye on betting.
How to play it: Musume WIN; Trifecta 9/6,7,8/6,7,8.
Race 7 – 4:25PM LIVAMOL MILE HANDICARead More – Source