The everywoman in Travel Awards returns for the third year in 2019, including a new category to recognise “disruptors” who are challenging the status quo in their sector.
Talented individuals urged to enter everywoman in Travel Awards
The annual IBM iX everywoman in Travel Awards seeks to celebrate the career achievements of female talent in the travel industry, to champion the value that gender equality brings to business, and to demonstrate to young women how fruitful a career in travel can be.
There are 15 different categories, including: Entrepreneur; Team Leader; Male Agent of Change; and the One to Watch, aimed at female students and apprentices.
TTG Media sponsors a category for young women in travel, aligning with its own Tomorrows Travel Leaders initiative.
Last years winners included easyJet Captain Kate McWilliams, who became the worlds youngest female captain at the age of 26, and was named overall Woman of the Year 2018. Olympic Holidays chief executive Clare Tobin, meanwhile, was named Leader of Change.
Karen Gill MBE, co-founder of everywoman – an organisation that works for the advancement of women in business – said: “We launched these awards to celebrate the career achievements of women in the sector and to bring visibility to the senior roles available to women.
“Extensive research has proven the importance of female role models and how showcasing champions of the industry helps to attract, retain and develop women into travel.
"The industry faces unprecedented challenges in the face of Brexit so, more than ever, it needs to appeal to the agile talent that will innovate and navigate.”
Entries for the awards close on June 24, 2019, and the awards ceremony will take place in London on November 13, 2019.
The awards are free to enter at everywoman.com/travel-awards and finalists are invited to the lunchtime ceremony free of charge.
The 2019 IBM iX everywoman in Travel Awards categories:
- Disruptor: Awarded to a woman who is challenging the status quo in an unconventional and innovative way.
- One to Watch: Awarded to a young game-changer under the age of 25 in education or apprenticeship who demonstrates a passion for the travel industry.
- Tomorrows Leader: Awarded to a woman under 30 making a significant contribution to the future of the sector, in partnership with TTG Media.
- Entrepreneur: Awarded to an owner/operator of a travel business that has been operating for three years or more, whose vision will inspire other women to start their own enterprise.
- Above & Beyond: Awarded to a woman at any stage of heRead More – Source [contf] [contfnew]