McGregor said last week he was quitting mixed martial arts but Nurmagomedov, who beat the Irish fighter for the UFC lightweight title in October, isnt buying it.
Speaking Tuesday in his native Russia at a Moscow university, Nurmagomedov said McGregor “couldnt reach a deal with the UFC and its so they feel theyve lost him and they could lose money.”
“I dont think hes finished,” Nurmagomedov added.
McGregor previously retired in April 2016 but reversed the decision two days later and returned to the UFC. The 30-year-old Irishman hasnt won a fight since beating Eddie Alvarez in November 2016 to become the first UFC fighter to hold championship belts in two divisions at once.
Nurmagomedov also said he would like to fight again in September, two months after the end of his Nevada State Athletic Commission ban for the chaotic brawl with McGregors team after the October fight. McGregors sanction ends Saturday.
However, Nurmagomedov said he didnt want to fight before longer saRead More – Source