A day after the bittersweet afternoon at Adelaide Oval in which she hurt her ACL but again led her side to premiership glory, Erin Phillips has again been honoured.
The Adelaide co–captain was on on Monday named AFLW's most valuable player, an award voted on by her peers.
It is the second time in three years that Phillips has won the award handed out by the AFL Players' Association. Phillips polled 143 votes to beat Fremantle's Kiara Bowers (107), who made her debut this year after two injury-riddled seasons, and Collingwood's netball convert Ash Brazill.
Phillips is favoured to win yet another award as AFLW best and fairest on Tuesday night.
WINNERS AND TOP POLLING PLAYERS
AFLW Players MVP
1) Erin Phillips, Adelaide – 143
2) Kiara Bowers, Fremantle – 107
3) Ashleigh Brazill, Collingwood – 85
1) Chelsea Randall, Adelaide – 105
2) Kiara Bowers, Fremantle – 84
3) Brianna DaRead More – Source